This week on The Crisis Show we had a special guest, Shel Holtz, join us to discuss an eloquent letter he wrote to Rachel Maddow after she attacked the crisis management profession.
Other topics for the August 8, 2012 episode included:
- Standard Chartered Bank in bed with Iran
- Embridge oil spill and Chevron refinery fire
- Hacked accounts: Mat Honan, Apple, Reuters and Major League Baseball
- Recalls of the week: Gills Onions and Garden Fresh Foods
- #CrisisFail of the week: The White House removing stories from major blogs and news websites
- Discussion with Shel Holtz on MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow’s ill-advised comments about crisis management professionals
- Crisis Tips of the Week
Watch the replay of The Crisis Show here:
Additional links worth your time:
This is a must-read article by Mat Honan on how easy it was for hackers to gain access to many of his accounts and completely wipe out his MacBook, iPad and iPhone.
An Open Letter to Rachel Maddow
Another must-read by Shel Holtz
Stay Tuned Next Week!
Join us August 15, 2012 at 7pm ET, via YouTube, for another live airing of The Crisis Show.
Special segment for August 15: Back to School: What school administrators need to do, what parents, students and communities need to know about crisis management and crisis communications.
Have any questions or show topic ideas you’d like to share?
Please send your comments and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach us on Twitter with #TheCrisisShow and on Facebook.